Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm Hungry

It's late. I'm hungry. I have a lot of material to go through for my independent project. Most of it is very promising, but there is a lot of work to be done an I am completely out of the element I am used to. No one really gives the feedback like I am used to. It's lay-feedback mostly. So I hammer at it slowly, looking for some kind of structure that will reflect how I felt the first half of my semester here. Over privileged outsider.

This in itself is funny, because as easy as my life is, I know I am living far below the means of most of the people around me here. My impulse buys do not even approach the traveling, eating and shopping of so many of the people I am on this trip with.

I have long since gotten over any hope of defining the rights and wrongs of this place, or western vs. eastern, or all of the issues of gender here. Frankly, all of the "issues" orientation here is, as it is at home, divisive.

I'm hungry. I'm going to eat.

No comments: